Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dreaming of a Past Life!


My son has been having fun in the dream world as much as I have of late. Vivid dreams lace our dreams as we travel through time barriers and into other existing dimensions of the past, present and future. And since we are one, I know that his dreams contain sacred messages that when he shares them are meant for me as well. I have been recording my dreams because there is power and expansion in understanding the symbols of your dream. Recording them helps keep track of what's going on in our lives and offers guidance, wisdom from our past and insights into the future.

A few days ago I gently woke him up to get ready for school. As soon as he got up he said, Mommy I remember my dream. And he then gave me an account.

"I was with some Indians (Native Americans) in the forest. We were hunting for food when we saw the Whites carrying guns with them. The Whites saw us too and began to come after us. As soon as we spotted them, we ran for cover. We were led to a place underground that had a wooden door entry. A few of my Indian friends got in and as soon as I began to step one foot into the underground passage, you woke me up."

The first thing that came to mind when my son shared his dream was that he had traveled back in time to a place where he once was. I had this overwhelming feeling that he was once a Native American man. I was pleased because I embrace and integrate some of the Native American spiritual teachings into our personal practice. It also confirms what I already know and that is my son is an "ancient soul". I will continue to love, honor and respect the Native American traditions, for they remind me of the African traditions as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment